St Abb's National Reserve

St Abb's National Reserve
View from my office

Friday 24 October 2008

Ive had to do a bit of driving recently- it seems to be 'the thing' after a settled, focused period of work I have to spend a similar period roaming around; delivering pictures, picking up materials, wandering aimlessly...

The driving is a treat, though, when the weather is good and the trees on the turn. No avoiding, though, I have 2 commissions, 1 of which demands more trips to the seaside, and a writing project to complete-

I did finish a screenplay earlier this year, and have edited it several times. A local independant film company are keen to make the film. The process is slow. I need fairly regular portions of reassurance and general artist maintainance to keep me productive and there have been no developments for a while- all technical stuff, far too complicated for my creative brain.

Thank goodness.

The sun has ignited the leaves on the apricot tree outside the kitchen window- 'flitter-flutter' my butterfly brain alights on a different bloom.

Someone give me back my regular sleep patterns, and maybe a regular job, with regular pay, where someone comes and whips my ass if I'm not at work-

No gratitude, these artists.

No comments: