St Abb's National Reserve

St Abb's National Reserve
View from my office

Monday 9 March 2009

I decided not to participate in the Art Tour this year; a difficult decision as I've had an open studio event twice a year since 2002. I felt I was getting into a rut and with hindsight, the summer deadline didn't really suit my pattern of working. I decided, if my thoughts about the forthcoming event were less than positive I should give it up; for the moment, at least.

Saying that, I'm having my own little 'thing' on the 10th & 11th of April, a smaller scale do; give folk a chance to see the work I've been producing lately-

Because I have been working. Nothing like a deadline, is there? Where the absence of Art Tour left a space, opportunities have arisen. First, I booked space at an art fair; Untitled has been sending info since it began, and I bit the bullet, despite my fear of driving down to LDN myself, fear of driving back myself, car still packed to the rear view mirror- all the doubts, excuses have been swept away; I'm exhibiting on the May bank holiday weekend. We shall see how that goes.

My second opportunity is an exhibition at Stark Gallery in Canterbury. I dimly remember sending envelopes of images and information out last year without any response from the galleries I contacted; till now, that is. The 10-15 pieces of work have to be at the gallery before May 3rd. Life has just got exciting. I do have a lot of pieces of work at home- I do need, I feel, to send a cohesive collection of paintings so I'm signing off to go into the studio; but not before mentioning UKYOUTH with whom I'm exhibiting 4 canvases (or is it 6?) at the end of this month...and a commission.

I'm not complaining, you understand, just (gulp) saying 'bye for now'!

My website will hopefully be back up soon, too.

OOH it's all me, me, me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really exciting and a wonderful opportunity. Your paintings are beautiful and I love the one of Newlands Farm. I have an old one of this farm but a more up to date version would probably suit my newly renovated rooms better.

CJ xx

Sarah said...

So, how did you come by an old pic of Newlands,CJ? Do you mean it's a painting?
xS

Michelle said...

I am really excited for you Sarah. There is nothing like a series of deadlines and exhibitions to get all the old adrenaline flowing.
I hope you get a chance to 'network' at the art fair, great opportunity!
Good luck and happy painting, you deserve every succes this will bring.